The Acu-POLARIS Detection System
The Acu-POLARIS pathogen detection system is an on-farm lab system that allows the producer to test for mastitis-causing pathogens. This system is 24” x 14” x 16” and contains all the needed equipment to perform PCR testing. The system contains a base unit that houses the mini-computer, incubator, centrifuge and thermal cycler, as well as a tablet, and pipettors. The Acu-POLARIS pathogen detection system uses its own Wi-Fi for wireless communications between the mini-computer and the tablet, and requires no internet.
Currently we offer 5 different types of assays in multiple sizes.
- POMBA - Tests for general presence of bacterial pathogens(Gram + or Gram -)
- STREP - Tests for Streptococcus uberis and Streptococcus spp.
- STAPH - Tests for Staphylococcus aureus and Staphylococcus spp.
- MYPRO - Tests for Mycoplasma and Prototheca
- System Check - Used to check that the system is performing correctly
Milk Prep Kit
The Milk Prep kit is used to clean the milk samples for processing. They are sold in singles and in multi-packs depending on the frequency of tests required by the user.
The Complete Pack includes the following consumables:
25 of each assay (POMBA, STREP, STAPH, MYPRO)
25 Milk Prep Kits
25 Sample Cups to obtain sample milk
2 boxes of pipette tips 100ul
2 boxes of pipette tips 200ul