How does it work?
Unscrew the cap with the conveniently attached collection swab. Swipe the tip on the surface. Re-screw the cap. Perform your analysis by inserting the vial into the side-car attachment that connects to the Thermo Scientific FirstDefender® RMX.
Or, if you don’t use Thermo Scientific’s FirstDefender® RMX - no problem. Just contact us for free consultation on how the Acu-Swab-R® sampling kit would work with your equipment. We can customize a side-car attachment for almost any spectroscopy device out there.
The Acu-Swab-R® surface sampling kits can be utilized by police, military, first responders and fire departments across several fields of study and investigation, including:
- Forensic sampling
- Industrial applications
- Environmental sampling for chemical and industrial plants
How accurate are the results?
The proprietary substrate allows for clear detection with a high degree of accuracy not found in other samplers. Independently tested, the Acu-Swab-R® surface sampling kit has been proven to detect a variety of materials.
- Chemical warfare agents (CWA)
- VX nerve agent
- Mustard gas
- CWA precursors/degradation products
- Drugs and narcotics, such as methamphetamine
- Toxic industrial chemicals and materials
- Ability to extract for biological testing
- Easy to use
- Lowers FirstDefender RMX™ level of detection by nearly five orders of magnitude
- Solvent-free field sampling and analysis of liquids and solids on surfaces
- Does not require any modifications to your existing FirstDefender RMX™ sensor
- Compatible with Thermo Scientific TruDefender™FT X (FTIR-based instruments)
- Samples are safely sealed in a vial for easy transport to laboratories
- Non-destructive detection technique
- Allows additional analytical testing such as extraction or desorption (HPLC, GC, FTIR etc.)