How does it work?
Unscrew the cap with the conveniently attached collection swab. Dab the tip on the surface. Re-screw the cap. Perform your analysis by inserting the vial into the side-car attachment that connects to the spectrometer.
Adapters for the are Acu-Swab-R® are available for the Thermo Scientific’s FirstDefender® RMX through Acumen Detection, and for the Rigaku Frequency™ through Rigaku.
The Acu-Swab-R® surface sampling kits can be utilized by police, military, first responders and fire departments across several fields of study and investigation, including:
- Forensic sampling
- Industrial applications
- Environmental sampling for chemical and industrial plants
How accurate are the results?
The proprietary substrate allows for clear detection with a high degree of accuracy not found in other samplers. Independently tested, the Acu-Swab-R® surface sampling kit has been proven to detect a variety of materials.
- Chemical warfare agents (CWA)
- VX nerve agent
- Mustard gas
- CWA precursors/degradation products
- Drugs and narcotics, such as methamphetamine
- Toxic industrial chemicals and materials
- Ability to extract for biological testing
- Easy to use
- Lowers FirstDefender RMX™ level of detection by nearly five orders of magnitude
- Solvent-free field sampling and analysis of liquids and solids on surfaces
- Does not require any modifications to your existing FirstDefender RMX™ sensor
- Compatible with Thermo Scientific TruDefender™FT X (FTIR-based instruments)
- Samples are safely sealed in a vial for easy transport to laboratories
- Non-destructive detection technique
- Allows additional analytical testing such as extraction or desorption (HPLC, GC, FTIR etc.)
USING IT IS AS EASY AS 1, 2, 3...
Safety Data Sheets
- Acu-Ricin™ Safety Data Sheet
- Acu-PCR Safety Data Sheet
- Acu-BOT® Safety Data Sheet
- Acu-PAP® SEB Toxin Assay Safety Data Sheet
- Acu-Shiga™ Safety Data Sheet
- Milk Prep Kit Safety Data Sheet