- Sample milk from fresh cows between 4-10 days of milk
- Can test individual quarters or individual cows
- Can test pooled samples from up to five cows
- View results in three hours. Document results in DC305 cow record or similar
- Determine action steps, discuss plan with your veterinarian or milk quality expert
- Execute plan
For more information on the impact of a fresh cow surveillance program, read Dr. Roger Saltman's white paper
on the subject. Saltman is the former chief medical officer in the cattle and equine business at Zoetis, as well as a past president of the American Association of Bovine Practitioners.