Acu-Swab-R® Surface Sampling Kit
Identify chemical samples, outside of a laboratory, in a matter of minutes
Quick, accurate analysis of trace-level samples
The Acu-Swab-R® surface sampling kit, combined with the spectroscopy device attachment (side-car), are a highly-sensitive, patented chemical collection tool that enables trace-level detection and identification of chemical samples with handheld military grade in-the-field Raman and FTIR spectroscopy devices.
- Small, self-contained, easy to use
- Indefinite shelf life
- Improves the sensitivity of handheld Raman and FTIR devices
- Solvent resistant for analyte extraction and GC/MS or LC/MS analysis
- Retains sample integrity for in-field and reach-back laboratory analysis
How does it work?
Unscrew the cap with the conveniently attached collection swab. Dab the tip on the surface. Re-screw the cap. Perform your analysis by inserting the vial into the side-car attachment that connects to the spectrometer.
How accurate are the results?
The proprietary substrate allows for clear detection with a high degree of accuracy not found in other samplers. Independently tested, the Acu-Swab-R® surface sampling kit has been proven to detect a variety of materials.
- Chemical warfare agents (CWA)
- VX nerve agent
- Mustard gas
- CWA precursors/degradation products
- Drugs and narcotics, such as methamphetamine
- Toxic industrial chemicals and materials
- Ability to extract for biological testing
Using it is as easy as 1, 2, 3...